Cancer screening detects pre-cancerous changes or cancer at an early stage when there is a better chance of treating it successfully. This page contains the most up-to-date resources and links about cancer screening including Cancer Care Ontario guidelines, the Screen for Life Coach travel schedule, and regional cancer screening initiatives.
Breast Cancer Screening
Cervical Cancer Screening
Colorectal Cancer Screening
Are you registered with the Screening Activity Report (SAR) Yet?
Cancer Care Ontario developed the Screening Activity Report (SAR) as a supplementary tool to support patient enrolment model (PEM) physicians in improving their cancer screening rates and appropriate follow-up. The SAR provides a comprehensive summary of patients’ breast, cervical, and colorectal cancer screening related to history and is comprised of three types of reports:
- Dashboard: a snapshot of enrolled patients’ cancer screening status and a comparison of screening rates to physicians in the LHIN and across the province.
- Enrolled Patients Screening Summary: an integrated view that displays the cancer screening status for breast, cervical and colorectal screening for all your enrolled patients between the ages of 21 and 74 years.
- Enrolled Patients Program Reports: provides the cancer screening related history for all eligible and enrolled patients, per program:
- BREAST: Enrolled Patients (50-74)
- CERVICAL: Enrolled Patients (21-69)
- COLORECTAL: Enrolled Patients (50-74)
How to register for the SAR:
The SAR is available online to PEM family physicians across the province who are registered with eHealth Ontario ONEID. To register, please contact the Screening Promotion Planner/Local Registration Authority at (807) 684-7241 or send your registration request to ONEIDBusinessSupport@ehealthontario.on.ca. Please include your name and CPSO number.
Registration appointments will be scheduled based on the location and/or time of request. You may also authorize users, such as clinic administrator or nurse, to view your report as a Delegate. Delegates must also register with ONE ID before accessing your SAR.
For more information on the SAR
please visit: www.cancercare.on.ca/SAR
For enquiries related to the SAR:
Monday to Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
For assistance with ONE ID:
24 hours a day/7 days a week
Screen for Life Coach Travel Schedule
The Screen for Life Coach is a mobile cancer screening service that travels across Northwestern Ontario increasing access to breast, cervical and colorectal cancer screening.
Click here for the Travel Schedule page