Cancer screening can detect cancer earlier, when it is less likely to have spread and is easier to treat.
Prevention and Screening Clinical Services promotes and educates the public and health care providers about cancer screening in Northwestern Ontario. We also provide cancer screening services to men and women who are eligible to be screened, through provincial screening programs, using innovative approaches to technology like the Screen for Life Coach. There are three provincial cancer screening programs available to eligible participants:
- Breast cancer screening
- Cervical cancer screening
- Colon cancer screening
- Cancer screening sees what you can't. Get screened.
- Cancer screening finds cancer earlier, when it is easier to treat.
- Cervical cancer is almost entirely preventable with regular screening and follow-up.
- If caught early, colon cancer has a 90% chance of being cured.
- The Screen for Life Coach offers breast, cervical, and colon cancer screening services.
- The Screen for Life Coach visits over 75 different locations throughout Northwestern Ontario offering greater accessibility to cancer screening services close to home.
- Visit cancercareontario.ca for more information.
- Click here to view our new videos on what to expect during your cancer screening journey.
We work with Ontario Health - Cancer Care Ontario
to offer organized cancer screening programs for adults in our region. Find out if you are eligible to screen for cancer using the Time to Screen Tool
. Find out your risk for developing six different types of cancer by completing My CancerIQ.