Welcome to the Maternity Centre
A healthy you makes a healthy two!
As the restrictions of the COVID-19 pandemic slowly lift, changes will also be made at the Maternity Centre. Safety of our pregnant patients, mothers and newborns are our priority. At present, you may choose to bring one essential care partner (ECP) for your first in-person visit or if there is a change in care requiring your ECP present. . Requests for consideration for additional ECP support can be discussed with your care provider.
To maintain COVID-19 safety, there are maximum occupancy limits, physical distancing is enforced and everyone must continue to wear personal protective equipment at all times.
- In order to maintain appropriate physical distance in the waiting room, ECPs may be requested to wait in the hallway as priority for waiting room seating/space will be given to patients who are waiting for their appointment.
- Patients have the option to wait in the waiting room or they can wait with their ECP in hallway outside of Maternity Centre until called in for appointment. Please let the receptionist know if you will be waiting in the hallway.
- ECPs are always welcome to join your appointment virtually.
- In order to best accommodate all requests and manage distancing in our waiting room, the Maternity Centre must be aware of ECP presence before your appointment.
- ECPs must wear personal protective equipment and must pass COVID 19 screening.
The Maternity Centre reserves the right to further limit ECP presence if physical distancing is not possible and as the COVID-19 pandemic situation evolves.
Our Maternity Centre provides wholesome prenatal care for residents in Thunder Bay and our surrounding region. We have a multidisciplinary team committed to providing high quality, safe, culturally sensitive, and respectful evidence-based prenatal care. We are here to assist all pregnant women in the community. All women without a care provider during pregnancy are welcome to call the Maternity Centre to schedule an appointment with one of our prenatal care providers. All of our programs are free
with your Ontario health card. Our interdisciplinary team includes:
- Obstetricians and Physicians
- Nurse Practitioner
- Lactation Consultant
- Registered Kinesiologist
- Social Worker
- Registered Dietitian
- Smoking Cessation Counsellor
We offer group classes as well as individual appointments. See our prenatal and postnatal classes for more information.
- Provides prenatal and postnatal care
- Anonymous pregnancy testing is available
- If you or someone you know does not have a physician or midwife to do prenatal care, visit our nurse practitioner.
- Contact Debra Bishop at the Maternity Centre @ 807-684-6388
For emergency assistance, please call 911, or present to your local emergency department.
Our hours of operation are Monday – Friday, from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Call us today to learn more about our services: (807) 684-6228
Where is the Maternity Centre Located?
The Maternity Centre is located on the fourth floor of the Medical Centre, adjacent to the Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre.
The Maternity Centre Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre 984 Oliver Road - Suite #402 Thunder Bay, Ontario P7B 6V4 Phone: (807) 684-6228 Fax: (807) 344-8581
Manager Email: email@example.com Phone: 807-684-6000, ext 6526
Maternity Care Main Reception Phone: (807) 684-6228