Health Sciences Centre Announces New Board of Directors
by Maryanne Matthews
On Thursday, June 22, 2017, Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre held its Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Corporation. Four, three-year Board of Directors vacancies were filled.
Returning to the Board of Directors for three-year terms are John Friday and Grant Walsh. Joining the Board for the first time for three-year terms are Patricia Lang and Eric Zakrewski.
Continuing their terms of office on the Board are Nadine Doucette, Anita Jean, Dick Mannisto, Matt Simeoni, and Gary Whitney.
The Board includes the following ex-officio Directors:
- Jean Bartkowiak, President and CEO
- Dr. Rhonda Crocker Ellacott, Chief Nursing Executive
- Dr. Gordon Porter, Chief of Staff
- Dr. Penny Moody-Corbett, Associate Dean, Research, Northern Ontario School of Medicine
- Dr. Mark Thibert, President, Professional Staff Association
At the Inaugural meeting of the Board of Directors, held immediately following the AGM, the Officers of the Corporation were elected as follows:
- Chair – Nadine Doucette
- 1st Vice Chair – Grant Walsh
- 2nd Vice Chair – Dick Mannisto
- Treasurer – John Friday
Board Quality Committee
- Gary Whitney was elected as Chair of the Board Quality Committee.