The Northwestern Ontario (NWO) Regional Stroke Network Education Fund
Funding is available to assist health care providers working in stroke care across the continuum to incorporate best practices through learning opportunities or projects focused on evidence based practices in stroke care.
To apply for funding go to our NWORSN Education Fund Application Page.
Many educational events are offered through the Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN) via videoconference and webcast. Webcast events can be viewed on a personal computer at the time of the event (Live) or following the event (Archive).
Archived events are available on the OTN website for two years following the live event.
Instructions to View a Live or Archived OTN Webcast
- Go to webcast.otn.ca (Note: if you are typing it then DO NOT add the www to the beginning.)
- To watch a “Live Event” or “Archived Event”:
- Select “Public” or “Private” event (most events are “Public”, but a password will have been provided if the event was designated “Private”)
- Public events will then be listed in chronological order, but you can also search by key words using the search box on the top right hand corner of the page.
- For “Live Events”, select the event you are interested in; a media player will open on your computer and the presentation will start at the designated time.
- For “Archived Events” select the title of the event, a media player will open on your computer and the presentation will start.
Hemispheres® – Canadian Stroke Competency Series
Hemispheres® – Canadian Stroke Competency Series is a multi-level, web-based educational series designed for healthcare professionals.
For further information on Hemispheres, go to http://www.apexinnovations.com/
Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in learning more about the availability of this learning opportunity.
|For additional resources click on the title of the Stroke Continuum of Care below|
|Community and Long Term Care|
|Canadian Stroke Best Practice Recommendations|
|CorHealth Ontario. Professional Stroke Education Inventory CorHealth Ontario’s Professional Stroke Education Inventory is a repository of tools, resources and programs that support health care professionals working in stroke care.|
|RNAO Best Practice Guideline: Stroke Assessment across the Continuum of Care|