Northwestern Ontario Stroke Rehab Round-up Fall 2020 Edition: A collection of educational events, new resources & more!
Northwestern Ontario Stroke Rehab Round-up – Fall 2020 Edition.
A collection of educational events, new resources & more.
To review these events and resources, please join in on an informal
“Stroke Rehab Resource Q&A Session” hosted via Webex by Esmé French
Tuesday November 3rd from 12:15-12:45
Meeting number: 173 429 9668 Password: WbdmyQpP366
Join by phone +1-647-484-1598 Canada Toll (Toronto) Access code: 173 429 9668
Click to open hyperlinks for more details.
Upcoming Virtual Education Events – Eastern times listed
There may be a cost and pre-registration requirement for some events.
- November 1, 2020, 8:30-4:15 pm: Promoting Recovery at the Bedside: A Virtual NDT Workshop
- November 4, 2020, 8-9 am: Provincial Stroke Rounds – Driving After Stroke: The Art, Science, Legal Implications & Headaches of Reporting our Patients
- November 18, 2020, 12 pm: CPSR Research & Knowledge Translation Webinar: Implementation of high-intensity training during inpatient rehabilitation of individuals early post-stroke
- November 19, 2020, 12-1 pm: A Holistic Approach to Stroke Care Using the Post-Stroke Checklist
- November 19, 2020, 3-4 pm: Promoting Cognitive Health in Chronic Stroke: What are the roles of sleep and physical activity? RSVP to email@example.com you would like to attend via Zoom.
- November 27, 2020, 8 – 1 pm: GTA Rehab Network Best Practices Day 2020: Celebrating 20 Years of Sharing Ideas, Innovations and Best Practices in Rehabilitative Care
- December 8, 2020, 6-7 pm: Mirror Therapy & Motor Imagery in Stroke: An Evidence-based Rehabilitation *Free for OPA Members
- January 16, 2021, 8:30-4:15: Challenges in Gait: A Virtual NDT Workshop
- January 20, 2021, 8:30am – 12:30pm: Cognitive Rehab After Stroke – Zoom Workshop
Link to: Register in advance
Sign-up for Valuable Stroke Information E-mailed Directly to You!
- Toronto Stroke Virtual Community of Practice – become a member & subscribe for updates
- Canadian Partnership for Stroke Recovery – scroll down on main page to subscribe
- Aphasia Institute – email to subscribe to newsletter
- Introduction to Supportive Conversation for Adults with Aphasia (SCA) eLearning Module
- From main page, click tab for Intro to SCA e-learning module
- Virtual Stroke Rehabilitation: Practical OT & PT experience & research from Alberta
- Webinar and resource documents available
- Canadian Hemispheres Stroke Competency Series
- 7 courses specifically tailored to Canadian Stroke Best Practice Recommendations, including NIH Stroke Scale training and certification. Funding may be available from the NWO Regional Stroke Network, contact Kristina Visser, firstname.lastname@example.org, 684-6706.
- Vision Loss Rehabilitation Ontario
- Support for people with all levels of vision loss to develop or restore key daily living skills, enhance independence, safety and mobility; provided by certified specialists.
- Implementing Tele-rehabilitation within Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs – TOOLKIT
- Does your Family Member Have Aphasia?
- NEW Pamphlet from the Aphasia Institute
- Resources to Support Clients with Risk Factor Management Post-Stroke / TIA
- A collection of programs & resources available in Thunder Bay & virtually
- Stroke Engine: Rebuilt and relaunched, October 2020, with advanced search functionality, user-friendly for mobile devices, upcoming new content for circuit therapy and apraxia.
For Patients & Caregivers
- Virtual Buddy Program:
- Stroke survivors & adults living with disabilities are matched with a “Virtual Buddy”.
- Virtual & On-Line Care Resources for Stroke Survivors & Caregivers (October 2020 Update)
- March of Dimes Canada:
For more information please contact:
Esmé French, M.Sc.PT
Regional Stroke Rehabilitation Specialist, Northwestern Ontario Regional Stroke Network
Medical Centre, 201-984 Oliver Road
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 7C7
phone: (807) 684-6498 email: email@example.com
Click here to view the current Canadian Stroke Best Practice Recommendations for Stroke Rehab https://www.strokebestpractices.ca/recommendations/stroke-rehabilitation