Northwestern Ontario Regional Stroke Network Team
As part of the overall Ontario Stroke System, the Network has regional staff with dedicated roles.
- Regional Director
- Plans, implements and evaluates all operations of the Northwestern Ontario Regional Stroke Network. Responsible for coordinating a system of stroke care that is evidence-based, integrated, comprehensive, and covers the full continuum of care.
- Medical Lead
- Works in partnership with the Regional Director to lead the Northwestern Ontario Regional Stroke Network. Provides medical leadership to ensure high standards of care for people with stroke.
- Regional Stroke Educator
- Co-ordinates and facilitates learning opportunities related to stroke care throughout the continuum of stroke care from prevention, acute care, rehabilitation to community re-engagement including long-term care.
- Stroke Community Engagement Specialist
- Promotes and supports primary stroke prevention, system optimization, best practices and stroke survivor re-integration. Collaborates with health care providers, care facilities and organizations across the region in primary care, emergency medical services, long term care and community.
- Regional Stroke Rehabilitation Specialist
- Promotes and supports stroke best practices across the rehabilitation continuum. Collaborates with rehabilitation providers, facilities and agencies across the region to address rehabilitation needs.