TBRHSC Accessibility Plan
We are constantly exploring ways to improve accessibility within our Health Sciences Centre for people with disabilities. Our Accessibility Advisory Team works actively during the year through meetings and internal audits to prepare our annual Accessibility Plan. The Plan evaluates the past year’s accomplishments as well as outlines the course of action for the upcoming year. Our Team utilizes both provincial standards and your comments, concerns and ideas to help shape the annual plan. We invite you to review the Accessibility Plan and welcome any feedback you may have on how we might improve our accessibility.
As part of this plan the opinions of staff, community partners and the public we serve are important. Click here to access the online TBRHSC Accessibility Survey.
Click the following link if you have any inquiries regarding the TBRHSC Accessibility plan: email@example.com
TBRHSC offers the following accessible services:
- All including the Main Lobby and Emergency.
- All are at ground level and without curbing.
- Equipped with automatic, revolving or sliding doors.
American Sign Language Interpreters
- Available upon request – advanced notice is required.
- Portable devices for patient rooms are available at Switchboard, near the Main Entrance.
- On pay phones marked with the symbol to the right.
- Can be enabled on all televisions by pressing the ‘CC’ button on the remote control.
- If you experience any issues please contact Hospitality Network via the number listed in your room.
Directory Floor Plan Signs
- Beside the Grand Staircase on levels 1, 2 and 3.
- Inside Main Entrance Doors and beside the Information Desk.
Easy Access Doors
- Internal doors are automatic or have lever handles.
- External doors are hand waves, sliders and/or revolving.
- All elevators are accessible.
- Equipped with Braille buttons and audio tones.
- Available in all main hallways except in front foyers.
- Designated parking spaces in lots A1, A3, B, C1, C2, D, E and F.
- Designated Renal parking is located at the main Renal entrance.
Pocket Pagers with Vibrate Mode
- Available for use in the Emergency Department and Fracture Clinic.
- For patients who are deaf, deafened or hard-of-hearing only.
Printed Floor Plans
- Printed copies are available at the Information Desk in the Main Entrance.
- Are permitted. Contact the department manager for further information.
Teletypewriter (TTY) Devices
- Fixed devices available in Emergency, Main Entrance, Cafeteria and on pay phones.
- Portable devices are also available at Switchboard in the Main Entrance.
- They are marked with the symbol to the right.
- Located at most program/service areas.
- Have ample seating.
- Over 20 of our washrooms are accessible.
- They are marked with this symbol .
- Available at the Main Entrance and the Emergency Department.