The Research Ethics Board (REB) meets over an extended lunch hour on the 4th Monday of each month, September to June (occasionally altered due to holidays). All researchers are required to submit an electronic copy of their REB application (including all supporting documents) to the Research Ethics Office by email to TBR_REO@tbh.net by the first Monday of each month. The Research Ethics Office screens all applications for clarity and completeness to ensure an efficient review process. The Research Ethics Office will contact the applicant regarding the review pathway (delegated or full Board review) and the number of final hard copies required for review. Incomplete applications will not be included on the upcoming agenda. For assistance, please email TBR_REO@tbh.net.
REB meeting attendance:
The Principal Investigator (PI) is to attend the REB meeting by appointment for approximately 20 minutes to present their proposed project and address questions from the REB. If required, teleconferencing may be arranged in advance through the Research Ethics Office. The Research Ethics Officer will contact the PI regarding any specific requirements and exact appointment time.
Please note: If other approvals are required (e.g. Joint Pharmacy and Therapeutics, industry-sponsored contracts, signed research agreements) research may not begin until all approvals/documentation is completed.
|Final Cut Off Date
(for inclusion on next REB Agenda)
|Research Ethics Board Meetings
Main Board Room#3043 – 3rd Floor
|Tuesday, September 6, 2016||Monday, September 26, 2016|
|Monday, October 3, 2016||Monday, October 24, 2016|
|Monday, November 7, 2016||Monday, November 28, 2016|
|Monday, December 5, 2016||Monday, December 19, 2016|
|Tuesday, January 3, 2017||Monday, January 23, 2017|
|Monday, February 6, 2017||Monday, February 27, 2017|
|Monday, March 6, 2017||Monday, March 27, 2017|
|Monday, April 3, 2017||Monday, April 24, 2017|
|Monday, May 1, 2017||Wednesday, May 24, 2017|
|Monday, June 5, 2017||Monday, June 26, 2017|
- Approved, no revisions required.
- Minor clarifications/revisions required to be submitted to and approval delegated to the REB Chair.
- Clarifications/revisions required, submission as per the motion of the REB ( e.g., review by Chair only, sub-committee of REB, electronic distribution of revisions to entire REB). When revisions are accepted according to the REB motion, approval will be delegated to the REB Chair.
- Major clarifications/revisions requiring resubmission and/or presentation for full board review. Principal Investigator will be asked to attend the next REB meeting.
- Decision deferred, with reason stated.
- Rejected, with reasons stated, and the decision reported to the Board of Directors. Principal Investigator may request reconsideration.
Decisions of the REB will be communicated to the Principal investigator usually within 3 days of the REB meeting. If required, a process for submitting clarifications/revisions will be provided at that time.