The Indigenous Navigator is available for guidance and support when patients and families are unfamiliar with medical systems, do not speak English, and/or have travelled a long distance for treatment.
Indigenous Navigator services include:
- Translation and interpretation services in Cree, Oji-Cree and Ojibway
- Support before, during or after medical appointments
- Linking patients and families to helpful community resources
- Providing information and education in a culturally sensitive way
- Liaising or advocating for patients and their families with their health care team
Please phone the Indigenous Navigator directly at (807) 684-4324 or toll-free 1-877-696-7223 ext. 4324.