Cancer screening detects pre-cancerous changes or cancer at an early stage when there is a better chance of treating it successfully. This page contains the most up-to-date resources and links about cancer screening including Cancer Care Ontario guidelines, the Screen for Life Coach travel schedule, and regional cancer screening initiatives.
Breast Cancer Screening
- Cancer Care Ontario’s Breast Screening Guidelines (including high risk)
- Ontario Breast Screening Program Requisition for High Risk Screening
- Linda Buchan Centre for Screening and Assessment and OBSP Information
Cervical Cancer Screening
Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Cancer Care Ontario’s Colorectal Cancer Screening Guidelines
- Diagnostic Assessment Programs (DAPs) Referral Link
Are you registered with the Screening Activity Report (SAR) Yet?
Cancer Care Ontario developed the Screening Activity Report (SAR) as a supplementary tool to support patient enrolment model (PEM) physicians in improving their cancer screening rates and appropriate follow-up. The SAR provides a comprehensive summary of patients’ breast, cervical, and colorectal cancer screening related to history and is comprised of three types of reports:
- Dashboard: a snapshot of enrolled patients’ cancer screening status and a comparison of screening rates to physicians in the LHIN and across the province.
- Enrolled Patients Screening Summary: an integrated view that displays the cancer screening status for breast, cervical and colorectal screening for all your enrolled patients between the ages of 21 and 74 years.
- Enrolled Patients Program Reports: provides the cancer screening related history for all eligible and enrolled patients, per program:
- BREAST: Enrolled Patients (50-74)
- CERVICAL: Enrolled Patients (21-69)
- COLORECTAL: Enrolled Patients (50-74)
How to register for the SAR:
The SAR is available online to PEM family physicians across the province who are registered with eHealth Ontario ONEID. To register, please contact the Screening Promotion Planner/Local Registration Authority at (807) 684-7241 or send your registration request to ONEIDBusinessSupport@ehealthontario.on.ca. Please include your name and CPSO number.
Registration appointments will be scheduled based on the location and/or time of request. You may also authorize users, such as clinic administrator or nurse, to view your report as a Delegate. Delegates must also register with ONE ID before accessing your SAR.
For more information on the SAR
please visit: www.cancercare.on.ca/SAR
For enquiries related to the SAR:
Monday to Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
For assistance with ONE ID:
24 hours a day/7 days a week
Screen for Life Coach Travel Schedule
The Screen for Life Coach is a mobile cancer screening service that travels across Northwestern Ontario increasing access to breast, cervical and colorectal cancer screening.