Cancer screening can detect cancer earlier, when it is less likely to have spread and is easier to treat.”
Prevention and Screening Services promotes and educates the public and primary care providers about cancer screening in Northwestern Ontario. We also provide cancer screening services to adults who are eligible to be screened, through provincial screening programs, using innovative approaches to technology like the Screen for Life Coach.
There are three provincial cancer screening programs that you may be eligible to participate in:
- Breast cancer screening
- Cervical cancer screening
- Colorectal cancer screening
- Cancer screening sees what you can't. Get screened.
- Cancer screening finds cancer earlier, when it is easier to treat.
- Cervical cancer is almost entirely preventable with regular screening and follow-up.
- If caught early, colorectal cancer has a 90% chance of being cured.
- The Screen for Life Coach offers breast, cervical, and colorectal cancer screening services.
- The Screen for Life Coach visits over 75 different locations throughout Northwestern Ontario offering men and women great accessibility to cancer screening services close to home.
- Visit cancercare.on.ca for more information.
We work with Cancer Care Ontario to offer organized cancer screening programs for adults in our region.
Find out when you’re eligible to screen for cancer using the Time to Screen Tool.
Find out your risk for developing six different types of cancer by completing My CancerIQ.