Screening saves lives! Cancer screening is important in detecting cancer early, when it is smaller and easier to treat.Prevention and Screening Services promotes and educates the public and primary care providers about cancer screening in Northwestern Ontario. We also provide cancer screening services to adults who are eligible to be screened, through provincial screening programs, using innovative approaches to technology like the Screen for Life Coach. There are three provincial cancer screening programs that you may be eligible to participate in:
- Breast Screening
- Cervical Screening
- Colorectal Screening
- Cancer screening sees what you can't. Get screened.
- Cancer screening finds cancer earlier, when it is easier to treat.
- Cervical cancer is preventable with regular screening.
- If caught early, colorectal cancer has a 90% chance of being cured.
- The Screen for Life Coach offers breast, cervical, and colorectal cancer screening services.
- The Screen for Life Coach visits over 60 different locations throughout Northwestern Ontario.
- We work with Cancer Care Ontario to offer organized cancer screening programs for adults in our region. Visit cancercare.on.ca for more information.
The Screen for Life Coach offers women in Northwestern Ontario, ages 21 to 74 years, greater accessibility to cancer screening services in their communities.
Find out when you're eligible for cancer screening.