Orientation – Trainees – Other Organizations
Welcome to Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre. We look forward to working with you and being a part of your training experience! Orientation is a mandatory and essential component of your training to ensure you have the proper tools to be successful.
Orientation is divided into three categories:
- General Orientation: For training longer than 6 weeks this interactive day will be facilitated on site. You will be scheduled for this through your hospital contact.
- E-Learning: Please follow the instructions and links below.
- Handbook: Click here to view the handbook in PDF format.
There are 3 mandatory e-learning modules which require completion before your training can begin:
- Ministry of Labours Safety and Awareness Training – http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/hs/training/workers.php (approximate time to complete: 40 min.)
- WHMIS- Take our online test
- Emergency Planning – Take our online test
Occupational Health & Safety Awareness and WHMIS training may be completed as part of your employment requirements with your employer. Proof of completion may be provided in the form of a certificate or letter indicating completion. Completion must be within one year of training dates.
TBRHSC’s Emergency Planning module must be completed by following the link above.
A successful passing grade for all e-learning modules is 80%.