Orientation – Nurses
Welcome to Nursing at Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre!
Nursing Orientation is comprised of three components:
- General Employee Orientation
- Clinical Orientation
- Nursing Orientation – including hands on labs
Our goal is to ensure you are adequately prepared to begin your work here at TBRHSC. Your Clinical Nurse Specialist will work with you to provide an orientation schedule which will include appointments for computer training:
- Meditech charting in Order Entry (O/E) and Patient Care Services (PCS),
- Best Possible Medication History (BPMH),
- STRATA – Community Resource Planning Software
Please be sure that you click on the general Orientation – Employees section to complete the 8 mandatory e-learning modules which require completion before employment can commence.
In addition, as an RN/RPN, you will be required to complete the Medication Reconcilation e-learning (part 1) via the link below.
Medication Reconciliation (part 2) will be completed along with your Clinical Nurse Specialist.
Please click on the unit where you are assigned to begin work. All orientation materials for the unit will be available under that link. Copies of the added nursing skills self-tests are included for you. It is expected that you read the material, complete and submit the self tests to the instructor prior to your nursing labs. Each test will be collected at the beginning of each labs. This ensures the instructor that you are prepared for the lab.
- 1A Orientation Package
- 1B Orientation Package
- 1C Orientation Package
- 2A Orientation Package
- 2B Orientation Package
- 2C Orientation Package
- 3ABC Orientation Package
- 3CN Orientation Package
- 3TM Orientation Package
- Adult Mental Health Orientation Package
- Critical Care Orientation
- Emergency Department Orientation
- Labour and Delivery Orientation Package
- Lead II
- NICU Orientation Package
- OR Orientation Package
- PACU Orientation Package
- Surgical Day Care Orientation Package
Once again, welcome to nursing at Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre. We wish you every success!