Orientation – Learners
Welcome to the Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre. We look forward to working with you and being a part of your educational experience! Orientation is a mandatory and essential component of your placement to ensure you have the proper tools to be successful.
Orientation is divided into three categories:
- General Orientation – For placements longer than 6 weeks this interactive day(s) will be facilitated on site. You will be scheduled for this through Human Resources or with your Academic Placement Coordinator.
- E-learning – Please follow the instructions and links below.
- Handbook – Click here to view the handbook in PDF format.
There are 8 mandatory e-learning modules which require completion before your placement can begin:
- Ministry of Labours Safety and Awareness Training – http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/hs/training/workers.php (approximate time to complete: 40 min.)
A copy of this certificate must be given to your Academic Placement Coordinator at TBRHSC before placement can begin.
For the remaining 7 modules, copies must be printed and given to your Academic Placement Co-ordinator as proof of completion.
- Privacy – Take our online test
- Patient and Family Centred Care – Take our online test
- WHMIS – Take our online test
- Healthy Backs – Take our online test
- Emergency Planning – Take our online test
- Quality & Risk Management – Take our online test
- Workplace Violence – Take our online test
A successful passing grade for all e-learning modules is 80%.